It's easy to get Put.io running on your Amazon Fire TV device within a few steps. Steven Schoen's Put.io Android app works seamlessly on Amazon Fire TV and you can install it just from your PC sharing the same Wi-Fi with your Amazon Fire Tv.
Before you start make sure your Amazon Fire TV and your PC are connected to same Wi-Fi network.
1. Set your Fire TV ready for installing
- From the main (Launcher) screen of Amazon Fire TV, select Settings
- Select System > Developer Options
- Select ADB Debugging and set to ON.
- From the main screen of Amazon Fire TV, select Settings.
- Select System > About > Network. Make note of IP address listed on this screen.
2. Download Android SDK and Put.io app into your PC
3. Install Put.io app into Amazon Fire TV
- Open Command Prompt window by: Click the Start button. In the Search box, type Command Prompt, and then, in the list of results, double-click Command Prompt. We are now going to enter some commands into Command Prompt.
- First type
cdand put an empty whitespace after
cdcommand. Then, from your desktop drag and drop Android SDK folder we unzipped into the Command Prompt. You should see something like
cd C://Users/Orcun/Desktop/android-bundle-windows-x86on your screen. And press enter.
cd platform-toolsand press enter.
adb kill-serverand press enter.
adb start-serverand press enter.
adb connect [ipaddress]in which [ipaddress]
part should be your Amazon Fire TV's IP address without brackets. And press enter.
adb install ../Putio.apkand press enter.
./adb connect [ipaddress]
./adb install ../Putio.apk
It's all done! You can now find Putio app on your Amazon Fire Tv on: Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed. Login and enjoy!